TULIP-Tenants' & Users' Liability Insurance Policy
URMIA TULIP (Tenants' and Users' Liability Insurance Policy) is designed to provide low-cost general liability insurance to third party users of the University's facilities. The TULIP policy provides a low-cost special event insurance option to the University's facility users. TULIP is event-specific and protects both the facility user, or third party, and the University against claims by individuals who could be injured or experience damage to property as a result of participating in an event. Events that could be covered range from classroom seminars, receptions, or weddings to festivals and fairs, sports events or concerts. .
If you want to have alcohol at your event you must contact Risk Management before going to the TULIP website. All alcohol related issues must be resolved prior to your event.
The link below will take you to the TULIP website and allow you to purchase event insurance that the University has requested you have for your event on campus.
Here are the steps to purchase your special event policy.
1) click on TULIP website link
2) click on Quick Quote
3) select the state and click Kentucky
4) select the location and click University of Louisville
5) select the University venue for your event
6) select date(s) for the event, then provide the approximate number of guest
7) select the type of event
8) select excess coverage (if the agreement with the University requests excess coverage)
9) YOU MAY ANSWER THE ALCOHOL QUESTION AFTER YOU HAVE CONTACTED RISK MANAGEMENT
10) select coverage (if the agreement with the University requests you provide coverage for vendors, exhibitors, or performers at your event)
Press next and receive your insurance coverage summary and insurance premium quote.
Press next to process payment of insurance premium.
A certificate of insurance will be emailed to you and the University of Louisville Risk Management Department
If you have any questions or issues, please contact Risk Management 852-6925 or email@example.com.