Non-Disclosure Agreements (Confidential Disclosure)

Requesting a New NDA

Non-clinical Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs) are handled by a team of negotiators in the Office of Technology Transfer and the Office of Industry Engagement. To request a new NDA for non-clinical matters, please contact our NDA service account at When emailing us, please forward any correspondence you have had with the other party, along with any draft agreements that were provided. A team member will contact you promptly to provide guidance on the agreement’s next steps or to request additional information from you, if necessary.

Additionally, please feel free to call 502-852-2965 with any questions you might have.

How NDAs Work

The Office of Technology Transfer and the Office of Industry Engagement work regularly with large and small companies and other collaborators to document the transfer or exchange of confidential or proprietary information. Unpublished information on university inventions, research proposals, business plans and methods, or any other information of a secret, confidential or proprietary nature may be shared under an NDA. An NDA may cover unilateral or reciprocal disclosures, depending on the nature of the intended interaction between the parties.

An NDA’s terms protect the scope of the disclosure and how the information may be used; cover how and to whom information may be disclosed; and establish the time periods during which disclosure may occur and disclosures continue to be protected. As with Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), some terms may require negotiation in order to be acceptable to the university. NDA terms addressing governing law, indemnification, publication restriction, intellectual property , and extensive or indefinite obligations to hold information in confidence may need updating. A team member will work with you to tailor these terms to fit your needs.

When to Request an NDA

It may be in your interest to put an NDA in place when licensing, commercialization, or sponsored research opportunities arise. Please contact the Office of Technology Transfer to learn more.