NIH Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA)(R25 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Sponsor: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Internal Deadline: May 1, 2020 - (Still Accepting Applications)
- Sponsor Deadline: July 14, 2020 (full proposal); LOI due 30 days prior
- Link: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-20-153.html
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The NIH Research Education Program (R25) supports research education activities in the mission areas of the NIH. The overarching goal of this R25 program is to support educational activities that complement and/or enhance the training of a workforce to meet the nation’s biomedical, behavioral and clinical research needs.
To accomplish the stated over-arching goal, this FOA will support creative educational activities with a primary focus on:
- Courses for Skills Development
- Research Experiences
- Mentoring Activities
- Curriculum or Methods Development
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your proposal.
Maximum Award Amount: Direct costs are limited to $250,000 annually.
Be aware: Only one application per institution is allowed on each due date. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com with the opportunity title in the subject line and copying the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784