Mary Kay Foundation Innovative/Translational Cancer Research Grant
- Sponsor: The Mary Kay Foundation
- Internal Deadline: November 20, 2020 - (Closed)
- Sponsor Deadline: February 5, 2021
- Grand Challenge(s): 2 - Advancing Our Health
- Link: 2021 TMKF RFP (PDF)
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The Mary Kay Foundation, a funding source for cancer research, is currently accepting applications for innovative grants for translational research for cancers affecting women, including but not limited to ovarian, uterine, breast and/or cervical cancer. The Principal Investigator must be appointed a full-time assistant professor or higher at the time of application submission.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your application.
Sponsor Funding: $100,000 over a two-year period.
Be aware: One grant application will be accepted from each accredited cancer research institute or medical school. It is up to each institute to conduct an internal review process to determine their applicant. No exceptions. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com, with copy to the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784