- Sponsor: EDWARD MALLINCKRODT, JR FOUNDATION
- Internal Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Sponsor Deadline: August 1, 2021
- Link: http://www.emallinckrodtfoundation.org/Application.html
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: Any domestic biomedical institution, whether solely research or educational, is invited to submit one candidate for the Mallinckrodt Board's consideration. Each institution is allowed to submit one proposal. Applicants should be in the first to fourth year of their tenure track faculty position and not have current R01 funding.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your proposal.
Maximum Award Amount: Grants are usually $60,000 and funding commences on October 1. No indirect costs are allowed. Salary is acceptable.
Be aware: Effective April 20, 2016, only one applicant per institution will be accepted. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review. Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com with the opportunity title in the subject line and copying the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784