Luce American Art Exhibition Competition
- Sponsor: Henry Luce Foundation
- Internal Deadline: March 6, 2020 by 5 p.m. - (Closed)
- Sponsor Deadline: April 1, 2020 (LOI); June 1, 2020 (full proposal by invite only)
- Link: https://www.hluce.org/programs/american-art/grant-categories/
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The American Art Program supports scholarly loan exhibitions that significantly advance the study and understanding of art of the United States, including all facets of Native American art.
Proposals for loan exhibitions are considered once each year, and grants are awarded on a competitive basis. An external panel of advisors, including academic art historians, curators, and art journalists, participates in the final stages of the competition. They are selected for the aesthetic and historical merit of the art as well as on the intellectual rigor and originality of the exhibition’s conceptual framework.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your proposal.
Maximum Award Amount: Varies
Be aware: Only one exhibition per year can be submitted per institution. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com with the opportunity title in the subject line and copying the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784