Counter Russian Malign Influence
- Sponsor: U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation
- Internal Deadline: December 11, 2020 - (Still Accepting Applications)
- Sponsor Deadline: January 29, 2021
- Grand Challenge(s): N/A
- Link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329489
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The Department of State’s Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, Office of Cooperative Threat Reduction (ISN/CTR) is pleased to announce an open competition for assistance awards through this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). ISN/CTR sponsors foreign assistance activities funded by the Nonproliferation, Antiterrorism, Demining and Related Programs (NADR) account, and focuses on mitigating weapons of mass destruction (WMD), related delivery systems, and advanced conventional weapons proliferation and security threats from proliferator states and non-state actors.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your application.
Sponsor Funding: awards should range between $50,000 to a maximum of $500,000 per project
Be aware: While there is no limitation on the number of projects within an overall proposal package, applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal package per organization. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com, with copy to the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784