Camille Dreyfus Teach-Scholar Awards Program
- Sponsor: Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc
- Internal Deadline: December 4, 2020 - (Closed)
- Sponsor Deadline: February 4, 2021
- Grand Challenge(s): N/A
- Link: https://www.dreyfus.org/camille-dreyfus-teacher-scholar/
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of talented young faculty in the chemical sciences. Based on institutional nominations, the program provides discretionary funding to faculty at an early stage in their careers. Criteria for selection include an independent body of scholarship attained in the early years of their appointment (see below), and a demonstrated commitment to education, signaling the promise of continuing outstanding contributions to both research and teaching. The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program provides an unrestricted research grant of $100,000.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your internal application.
Sponsor Funding: The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award provides a $100,000 unrestricted research grant. Of the total amount, $7,500 is for departmental expenses associated with research and education.
Be aware: Institutions may submit only one Camille Dreyfus nomination annually. Renominations are accepted.UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to email@example.com by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784