Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers (U19 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Sponsor: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Internal Deadline: May 1, 2020 - (Still Accepting Applications)
- Sponsor Deadline: August 28, 2020 (full proposal); LOI due 30 days prior
- Link: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AI-20-007.html
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to invite applications from single institutions or consortia of institutions to participate in the Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers (AADCRC) program. The program will support centers that integrate clinical and translational research to conduct studies on the mechanisms underlying the onset and progression of diseases of interest, including asthma, rhinitis (allergic and non-allergic), chronic rhinosinusitis, atopic dermatitis, food allergy, and drug allergy. The overarching goal of the program is to improve the understanding of the pathogenesis of these conditions and to provide a rational foundation for new, effective treatments and prevention strategies.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your proposal.
Maximum Award Amount: Application budgets are limited to $900,000 in direct costs per year, excluding the IOF budget, and need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
Be aware: Only one application per institution (normally identified by having a unique DUNS number or NIH IPF number) is allowed. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com with the opportunity title in the subject line and copying the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784