Discovery, innovation and the transfer of information to the public sector is a major responsibility and challenge of a modern research University. The University strives to disseminate the knowledge developed by faculty, staff, other employees and students within for the public good; and further protects the interests of the people of the Commonwealth of Kentucky through a due recovery by the University of its investment in research.
The Office of Technology Transfer serves its mission by:
- Assuring development and dissemination of the knowledge, technology and other creative activities created utilizing University Resources;
- Protecting the ability of our Researchers to continue to use the innovations they develop for future research;
- Ensuring proper protection and management of the University's Intellectual Assets and Creative Activities;
- Providing Education about Intellectual Property, Technology Transfer and Start-Up Business resources; and
- Actively promoting economic development in the Community, Commonwealth and Region.