COVID-19 Research Information
University of Louisville leadership, including the Office of Research and Innovation, is monitoring the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19. This page will be updated regularly with new announcements, funding opportunities and other information related to the effects of COVID-19 on our researchers and their work.
VIRTUAL Q&A: UofL Research and Innovation Town Halls are now monthly. Join the Office of Research and Innovation on the last Thursday of each month for discussion of current opportunities, possible collaborations and more. Each month will include discussion on a different topic, beginning with UofL Grand Challenge 1: Empowering our Communities on June 25. UofL researchers will share their work focused on promoting equity, eliminating disparities and strengthening the ability of all individuals and communities to achieve well-being and prosperity. REGISTER HERE
This site contains information about the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority's (BARDA) Medical Countermeasure Portfolio, partnering opportunities, public meetings, and facilitates communication between federal government agencies and public stakeholders to enhance the Nation's public health emergency preparedness.
COVID-19 Resources For Researchers
This page will inform the community about policies, procedures and activities related to UofL's virus protection and response efforts, including the UofL Campus Health Services web site.
If you are working on COVID-19 related research, please complete this short form so that we can help connect you with funding agencies and program managers.
University of Louisville N95 Decontamination Program
Learn more about this important program and how to participate.
Grant Funding Opportunities for research specifically targeting SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, COVID-19, and the condition’s detection, prevention and treatment.
EVPRI Offices are open and working remotely. See our Office/Staff web page for contact information.
Join other researchers in our COVID-19 Research group on Microsoft Teams. This open group is a virtual space to share ideas, brainstorm and collaborate on related research.
- Potential UofL coronavirus breakthrough in development with California biomedical company
- COVID-19 antibody initiative receives $1.5 million to expand testing, launch ‘virus radar’
- UofL researchers are working to develop a more effective and reusable N95 mask
- Groundbreaking coronavirus immunity initiative receives an infusion of funding
- UPS steps up to help fund potential coronavirus breakthrough
- UofL, Louisville Metro study finds local social distancing measures are saving lives
- UofL delivering health care through a new lens: smart glasses
- UofL developing robot to disinfect areas with coronavirus risk
- UofL launches decontamination program to alleviate mask shortage for health care workers
- UofL breakthrough technology shows promise fighting novel coronavirus
- 3-D printed swabs developed at UofL to help fill gap in COVID-19 test kits
- UofL researchers seek new drugs to fight coronavirus using computers in Kentucky schools
- UofL’s nationally networked lab enables researchers to safely study coronavirus
- UofL researchers addressing urgent need for knowledge about COVID-19
- UofL engineering students producing 3-D printed face shields for healthcare professionals
- UofL mathematician working on disease outbreak model
- UofL professor leading Louisville’s charge against coronavirus
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates and new funding opportunities.