Finding Focus in Chaos: Balancing Priorities
How to Successfully Manage Tasks, Deadlines, and Expectations
In recent years, technology has helped speed up the time it takes to complete work. As a result, employees are expected to be more productive than ever, often using fewer resources. Many report to more than one boss, work on more than one team, and have to manage conflicting tasks, deadlines, and expectations. Prioritizing what items are most important can be difficult.
This course will show you how to determine which obligations should be addressed first and how to successfully complete all other items while minimizing work-related stress, improving your relationship with colleagues, and increasing your overall performance.
You Will Learn How To:
- Understand the factors that can make managing multiple assignments challenging
- Establish clear, relevant goals and the action steps needed to complete them
- Sort activities and responsibilities into categories to determine which are most important and how all others should be prioritized
- Identify which tasks can be delegated—and find the right person to handle them
- Manage conflicting expectations when others disagree with how you’ve prioritized your work
- Create and maintain realistic, useful schedules and to-do lists to stay on track
- Choose the best technological tools to increase your efficiency
- Identify—and avoid—common time-wasting activities
$430 (includes instruction, seminar manual, refreshments, certificate of completion and parking)
All dates meet from 8:30 a.m.— 4:30 p.m.
Future DatesSign up to be notified about future sessions of this seminar.