Developing Essential Critical Thinking Skills
In today’s fast-paced workplace, decisions often have to be made quickly, effectively and without doubt—making it increasingly important for employees to be able to think critically on their own.
Executives repeatedly highlight critical thinking skills as a sought-after trait in new hires and current employees; in an American Management Association survey, 72 percent of managers said current employees’ success is measured by their critical thinking abilities. Seventy-six percent of employers make an effort to assess critical thinking when hiring.
This course will teach you how to collect information, assess all possible approaches to a problem, systematically work through each option, and choose the best solution. By the end, you will be able to think more creatively and make better decisions.
You Will Learn How To:
- Demonstrate the four characteristics of critical thinking to help you gather and evaluate the right information
- Follow a three-step process to ensure you thoroughly review issues and potential solutions
- Recognize and avoid the top four critical thinking mistakes
- Solve problems systematically and detect inconsistencies in reasoning
- Apply the critical thinking process to real-world situations
- This program is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
$430 (includes instruction, seminar manual, refreshments, certificate of completion and parking)
All dates meet from 8:30 a.m.— 4:30 p.m.
10/25/18Thursday - #197DBD
Future DatesSign up to be notified about future sessions of this seminar.