Suggested Uses of the ProCard
- Appliances (must have Energy Star rating)
- Art & drafting supplies
- Athletic supplies
- Business meals
- Car rentals from university contract vendor for one-day trips only, including the WeCar program (see also Gasoline, Van Rentals)
- Catering (all contracts must first be signed by Purchasing)
- Cell phone bill (UofL business only)
- Component items that will comprise a piece of equipment when assembled
- Conference/meeting room rental (all contracts must first be signed by Purchasing)
- Dental lab prosthetics
- Employee appreciation/gifts/recognition, less than $100.00 (See DeMinimis Gifts for Employees policy)
- Equipment, equipment repair and rental (Note: any item valued at $1000 or greater must be tagged by Inventory Control),
- Gasoline for rental vehicles for one day trips only (university contract vendor only)
- Industrial gases, i.e. oxygen, acetylene, propane
- Instructional materials & supplies
- iTech Xpress
- Laboratory supplies & chemicals (see Departmental Responsibilities below)
- Medical supplies
- Membership dues
- Office supplies from OfficeMax (online orders only)
- Registration fees
- Travel expenses, excluding airfare, for non-employees or non-students (i.e. recruitment, guest speakers, etc). The ProCard must not be used for employee or student travel expenses.
- Van rentals - to transport groups of faculty/staff/students
This is not an all-inclusive list. There may be items not mentioned on this list that are acceptable purchases. Contact the ProCard Office if you are uncertain about any purchase.
PERSONAL PURCHASES ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
- Each department is responsible for obtaining a Material Safety Data Sheet for every chemical ordered.
- Each department is responsible for updating their file of Material Safety Data Sheets when a new chemical is ordered.
- Each department or lab must maintain a chemical inventory. Chemical inventories must be updated when a new chemical is ordered.
- Departments must make their chemical inventories available to the Dept. of Environmental Health & Safety and emergency response agencies during a fire or other emergency.