Amazon sales tax reimbursement
All exempt purchasers need to provide Amazon with a copy of a state resale certificate, exemption certificate, or other acceptable proof of your exempt status for the state where the items will be shipped.
The documentation submitted should include the name of the merchant who sold the items and the name of the organization that purchased the items.
How to submit this information
First, place your order through the Amazon.com website. After you've received your shipment confirmation, submit the necessary information by fax or email in order to receive a refund of any sales tax. Their fax number is (206) 266-2005. You may also send scanned copies in PDF format to email@example.com.
Please include the following:
- Your order number (17 digits in this format: XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX)
- E-mail address
- Acceptable proof of your exempt status (as outlined above)
- The name of the merchant who sold the items
- The name of the organization that purchased the items
- If sending a fax, mark your fax "Attn: Amazon Tax Exempt"
While you only need to submit this information once for each applicable merchant, you need to contact Amazon after placing each order to request a refund for the tax on your purchase.