International Mail Procedures
- International mail requires more postage; therefore it is processed separate from domestic. Please seal and bundle your international mail and place a separate meter card with it marked international or air mail.
- The country of destination must be typed or written out in full on the mail piece. No abbreviations.
- Mail with international addresses cannot be sent non-profit or presorted standard. These pieces should be placed in an envelope and sent as described above.
International items other than documents or that weigh more than 4 lbs. must have customs forms.
New Regulation from USPS!
All international packages going through the HSC and Belknap Counter Services must have the customs forms filled out using Click-N-Ship, an authorized PC Postage vendor or USPS Web Tools. Postage may be pre-paid using a credit card tied to the USPS account. Suggested source:
Departments processing international packages have several options:
1. Process your packages using the methods above.
2. Use the site at http://postcalc.usps.com/ to price your package and get the electronic customs form without using a credit card. You must then send you item to UL Postal for the postage
3. Use non-USPS packaging and we will process through our international mail service. No customs forms necessary
This service is comparable to USPS priority services. (Small customs forms must be used for non-document items and items over 4 lbs.)
Express Mail Services for International locations must be completed online.
All international packages in USPS packaging must have customs tags pre-printed using an internet based product.
Items in Priority envelopes or in Express envelopes or packages with APO or FPO addresses must have customs forms attached and thereby must be processed electronically.
Please contact Postal Services (6699) with any questions regarding the customs forms.