- Students are normally expected to present an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 3.2 GPA in the final two years of undergraduate study (last 60 semester hours)
- Successful applicants selected for the program generally present a Verbal score of at least 153, a Quantitative score of at least 144, and an Analytical score of at least 4.0. The GRE is only required for applicants whose undergraduate degrees are not from the University of Louisville and for those who are planning to apply for Graduate Assistantships. The GRE is not required for applicants who earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Louisville. Students applying to the Accelerated BA/MA program are also not required to take the GRE.
- Applicants must get two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement. The statement should be 300-500 words in length (typed) in essay form detailing educational and professional experiences and goals as these relate to the pursuit of graduate studies in the Political Science Department at the University of Louisville.
- To begin the application process please click here.
Application for admission must be made by:
July 15 (Fall semester);
November 15 (Spring semester);