Instructional Technology Endorsement (P-12)
1. What are the benefits of online learning?
The biggest benefit of online learning is that you can work to earn your degree from your own home while raising a family, working full-time or experiencing particular life circumstances that make commuting to campus difficult or impossible.
2. How is the online program different than the one on-campus?
At UofL you are taught by the same world-class faculty as our on-campus students. You read the same books, do many of the same assignments and earn the same degree. The biggest difference is that you are able to do it in your own time and in a way that best fits your learning and lifestyle.
3. I am on active duty. Can I take online classes at UofL?
Yes! You can take online classes from anywhere in the world, provided you have consistent Internet access. UofL offers a tuition discount to all active-duty service members as well as to qualified veterans, Reserves and National Guard.
4. Will any of my undergrad or grad coursework transfer to the endorsement?
No, the ITE is completed in addition to an earned degree. The curriculum is very specific as it gives teachers the knowledge to incorporate engaging technology components into classroom instruction.
5. Will I receive my Rank I if I complete this endorsement?
No, the ITE program is not equivalent with Rank I, but it can be completed as part of the Rank I program. An additional 15 credit hours are required for completion of the Rank I program (a total of 30 credit hours) which is available to Kentucky teachers only.
6. Can I start ITE classes while I’m completing my teaching certificate?
No, you must have a bachelor’s degree and a valid teaching license (initial certification) to be admitted and enroll in the program.