Master of Engineering in Engineering Management
In addition to completing the application for admission online and paying the $65 non-refundable application fee, applicants must provide:
Bachelor of Science degree (or its equivalent) in
engineering or related scientific field from a regionally-accredited
- Entering students are expected to have completed IE 360 (Probability and Statistics) or an equivalent course. Otherwise this course should be completed in their first semester.
- The successful applicant will have an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above on a 4.00 scale. Applicants with GPA below the recommended 2.75 may be considered for admission based on additional criteria, including excellent recommendation letters, resume or personal statement, and academic performance in math, science, and engineering courses completed in their bachelor’s degree.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim in English.
- Two letters of recommendation.
International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency by attaining one of the following:
Total score of 80 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet-based test or 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or
Successful completion of the exit examination for the advanced level of the Intensive English as a Second Language Program (IESL) at the University of Louisville, or
Demonstration of a degree award from an acceptable English language institution.
To apply, you must submit:
- A completed online application - http://graduate.louisville.edu/apply.
- To start your online application you must create an account.
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or resume
- Official transcript(s) for all post-secondary coursework. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim in English.
- All application instructions are posted at https://graduate.louisville.edu/students/apply/application.html
Note: Applications received at least six weeks prior to the beginning of a term will be given priority.
Applicants are considered on a case-by-case basis. Students not meeting the minimum requirements may still be admitted. Remedial work may be specified for those applicants who, in the opinion of the faculty, do not have a sufficient background in engineering.
Credentials should be mailed to:
University of Louisville
2211 S. Brook Street
Louisville, KY 40292
- August 1st for fall admission.
- December 1st for spring admission.
- April 1st for summer admission.
- For mid-semester (Term II) admission, submit your application 4 weeks prior to Term II start date.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate coursework from any regionally accredited university, pending department approval.
If you have questions about transferring credit, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.