Master of Education in Special Education
Concentration in Moderate and Severe Disabilities
This program is mainly designed for licensed teachers looking to become certified to teach Special Education in the state of Kentucky.
Anyone seeking admission to the Graduate School, University of Louisville, for the purpose of pursuing the Master of Education in Special Education with the Moderate and Severe Disabilities Concentration, must provide the following:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited institution
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicants academic or professional capabilities
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words, along with the Personal Statement Cover Sheet [PDF].
- Minimum combined score of 800 on the General Test Section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Teaching certificate or statement of eligibility
- Complete application for admission to the Graduate School, University of Louisville
- $60 application fee, check or money order made payable to the University of Louisville
Note: Due to the strict requirements of a Kentucky teaching license, field experience and local in-person practicum, it is unlikely that teachers who live outside of Kentucky or outside of the United States will qualify to complete this licensure program. However, potential exceptions are handled on a case-by-case basis, and those who intend to complete this online program at UofL must contact our academic advisor prior to applying.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.