Master of Arts in Higher Education Online Degree
ELFH 600 Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics
- Emphasis given to historical, empirical, and experimental methods of research; to techniques of research design and statistical analysis; and to skills in writing reviews and critiques of research literature.
ELFH 605 Leading, Training and Performance
- Study of the modern theories of leadership, organization, management and administration of workforce training and performance improvement, with relationship to organizational management functions.
ELFH 607 Principles of Educational Leadership for Higher Education
- Examines concepts, analytical tools, case material, and organizational theories from the public, business, and educational administration sectors.
ELFH 606 Program Evaluation
- Examines the theories, techniques, methods, and program evaluation models currently used in assessing the effectiveness of learning programs and products in educational and other organizational settings.
ELFH 659 Strategic Planning
- Focuses on the development of planning, implementation, and leadership skills needed to direct strategic decision-making.
ELFH 678 The American College and University
- Examination of historical development of the American college, community college, and university, including major ideas and concepts underlying these developments and major problems affecting present institutions of higher learning.
ELFH 682 Organization and Administration of Higher Education Institutions
- Exploration of organizational and administrative theory as related to colleges and universities and assessment of the roles of major administrative units of the institution.
ELFH 684 Educational Resource Management in Postsecondary Education
- Study of resources, practices and procedures of finance and economics as related to postsecondary education. Provides investigation of specific and current educational finance issues affecting educational institutions.
ELFH 690 Internship in Postsecondary Education
- Provides on-the-job learning and professional development for current and future postsecondary administrative personnel. Pass/Fail grading – all students must complete an internship.