Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership and Learning - Healthcare Leadership
OnTrack – A Competency-Based Education Degree that Recognizes Your
Knowledge And Rewards Your Experience!
The Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership and Learning with a focus on Healthcare Leadership is delivered through an innovative method of competency-based education (CBE) allowing healthcare professionals to capitalize on existing knowledge and experience, and earn a bachelor’s degree at their own pace. You can further enhance your skills in leadership, organizational change, workplace development and performance and attain higher-level positions in your organization.
UofL’s OnTrack program is the first of its kind in the state and region, with a curriculum based on the National Center for Healthcare Leadership’s (NCHL.org) competency model, which is one of the leading industry standard models for healthcare executive competencies development.
This program is essential for individuals who have acquired experience in the healthcare field, but are missing the proper credentials for promotions within their organization, increased pay, or management and leadership roles.
Students may choose between two enrollment options.
Students have 32 weeks to move through the program materials at their own pace, providing more flexibility and self-direction.
Students enroll in 8-week courses and complete each course within a pre-determined time frame, offering the benefits of accelerated courses within a more traditional university structure.
You can earn your bachelor's degree in as little as 3 intensive semesters—or take as long as you need!
Here is how UofL’s OnTrack program works:
- Start Where You Left Off – Put Your Past College Credits to Work – Have some credits from an unfinished degree? Don’t worry—they count! Whether you have earned an associate degree or have an unfinished undergraduate degree, you can transfer 36 hours or more of General Education credits from any regionally accredited institution you have attended.
- Earn Credits for Your Healthcare Experience – You’ve been doing the work and gaining valuable experience, and we think this work should count towards your degree. Earn up to 48 credits tuition-free for the work/life knowledge you’ve already built up throughout your healthcare career, military training, or other on-the-job development.
- Learn What You Don’t Already Know – Complete 36 hours (12 courses) in a Competency-Based Education (CBE) format at UofL. Spend less time on knowledge you already have and more time on competencies you need to develop, such as strategic leadership or day-to-day functions. With the two enrollment paths (flex and set pace), you are able to customize your learning experience from start to finish.
CBE courses align perfectly with competencies established based on your employer’s feedback, marketplace needs, and learning quality standards. Show what you know—and get the credit you deserve.
Meet Your “OnTrack” Team
Our CBE support team is ready to help you get started and stay on track to complete your education at UofL by providing assistance at every step of the way. We know your journey is unique, so we strive to create a personalized path to your success.
Online Learning Counselor
Support before you apply:
CBE Academic Advisor
Support after you apply:
CBE Success Coach
Support from start to finish:
If this is the type of education opportunity that matches your needs and goals, contact us today and we’ll help you get started on the path to success!
Our program prepares professionals for careers that span across a variety of Healthcare Administration and/or Healthcare Management positions, most likely at the entry to mid-level, as well as clinic/service/department level positions in public or private healthcare organizations and systems.
Positions may include:
- Clinic manager/administrator
- Clinical practice manager
- Community health operations manager
- Health insurance manager
- Health policy manager
- Health systems specialist
- Healthcare administrator
- Healthcare coordinator
- Healthcare logistics manager
- Healthcare manager
- Military healthcare, operations manager
- Nursing supervisor
- Pharmacy, Lab, Radiology administrator
- Public health manager
- Team lead/supervisor
- Technical supervisor