Is UofL’s Heathcare Leadership program accredited?
Yes, the BSOLL (Healthcare Leadership) program at UofL has the same accreditation as the university. The University of Louisville is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
How do I get credit for work/life knowledge?
One of the first courses that online students will take in this program is the Prior Learning Assessment (ELFH 307). This course counts as three-credit hours toward degree completion, and the activities within the course provides the basis for faculty members to assess the level of competency development gained through past knowledge, skills and experiences that you have accumulated throughout your career
How many college credits can I earn for my work/life knowledge?
You may earn up to 48 credits hours (of the 120 credit hours necessary for graduation) based on your past work/life development and knowledge, through the Prior Learning Assessment, at no cost to you. This can result in savings up to $23,856 in tuition.
When can I start in this program?
- Set Pace students can start in Fall (term 1 or term 2); Spring (term 1 or term 2) or Summer (one term).
- Flex Pace students can start on the first Tuesday of any month, except December (a total of 11 starts per year are available).
What happens if I need to stop taking courses for a while?
For exceptional circumstances, your dedicated Success Coach will outline options for you to follow in order to maintain progress toward degree completion.
How long will it take to complete the requirements for a bachelor’s degree?
- For Set Pace students – students can complete the program within 3-4 intensive semesters, taking two 8-week sessions per semester.
- For Flex Pace students – the length of the program will vary based on your existing competencies, the amount of college credit you obtain for previously-acquired knowledge, your learning pace, and even your professional schedule.
What requirements do I have to meet to graduate?
Graduation is determined based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of your General Education courses
- Successful completion of your Core Content courses
- You must earn at least 120 credit hours total (this can include: the PLA, articulated transfer credit, institutional credit, CLEP, etc.)
- At least 50 credit hours must be completed at the 300+ level
- You must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.3 GPA in the program (B+ or better is 3.3 for the Program)
Will I earn my degree from UofL?
Yes. The “Bachelor of Science” will be granted by the University of Louisville and represented as such on the diploma. The transcripts will reflect the completion of curriculum requirements in Organizational Leadership and Learning, Healthcare Leadership Track.