Graduate Certificate in Data Science
Admission requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Data Science differ for non-degree students and degree status.
For continuing studies as non-degree student, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Application for admission
- $40 non-refundable application free
- Official transcript certifying a bachelor's degree in a technically related field
- Successful completion of college algebra and introductory statistics courses
- Experience and knowledge in computing, database and statistical software such as Matlab, SQL or other advanced packages
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency. Applicants must either submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score, or demonstrate a degree award from an acceptable English language institution. The successful applicant will typically have a total TOEFL score of 80 or higher or an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.
In addition to the above requirements, those intending to pursue an MS degree must also submit a GRE score and two recommendation forms. Visit the Master of Science in Computer Science page to learn more.
Students enrolled in degree-seeking programs in addition to the non-degree certificate program can apply for federal financial aid. Students only enrolled in the non-degree certificate program are not eligible to receive financial aid.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.