Online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate
Gain top-shelf business expertise
The online UofL Distilled Spirits Business Certificate* blends an industry born of tradition with a university that fosters innovation. Louisville and the surrounding region are home to many of the most storied companies and most innovative start-ups in the U.S. distilled spirits industry. There is no better place to learn the business of the distilled spirits industry than from a university located in its epicenter.
Developed in partnership with industry experts, we offer a one-of-a-kind curriculum that features the most relevant knowledge, skills, and awareness for accelerating your success in the booming distilled spirits industry.
Courses are offered 100% online. No matter where you are in the world, learn from the masters of the U.S. distilled spirits industry.
*Bachelor's degree required.
- Gain broad-based knowledge about business operations within the distilled spirits industry.
- Learn how different functions such as finance, marketing, and operations work interdependently.
- Get an insider's view of the industry from guest speakers and corporate fellows embedded in every course.
- Connect and network with other professionals across the industry.
- Finish in as little as 15 weeks by taking two courses every five weeks (effective Spring 2020).
- Learn at the speed of your life—100% online format gives you access anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
- Get a jump start on your MBA—credits earned in the certificate
program apply to completion of your UofL MBA, offered online and
on-campus (you must apply separately to the MBA).
The distilled spirits industry has been rapidly growing for more than a decade. In Kentucky alone, the industry is responsible annually for $8.5 billion of economic output, between 15,000 and 17,500 jobs, and $800 million in payroll (Kelly, Kornstein, & Marshall, 2017). Based on previous education and professional experience, graduates would be well suited for any number of professional positions in business operations, including logistics planner, pricing analyst, data analyst, supply chain manager, marketing specialist, social media manager, promotion specialist, sales manager, distribution coordinator, corporate social responsibility manager, visitor center manager, financial operations accountant, tax accountant, brand ambassador, and more.
Contact us to today and discover how the UofL Distilled Spirits Business Certificate can accelerate your success in the distilled spirits industry.