Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Online Program Overview
The online Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at the University of Louisville blends the study of psychological concepts and research methods to equip students with analytic skills for solving personal, professional, and societal problems, and with scientific insights into human behavior that apply broadly throughout the marketplace.
In this program, students develop the critical thinking and communication skills necessary to gather, interpret and present data. Psychology students can become intelligent consumers of information and active investigators of the fields of cognition, behavior, and brain science and how each facet of psychology impacts everyday decision making. They also develop technological skills and familiarity with research methods and statistics.
- 100% Online (on-campus options also available)
- 50 upper-level credit hours (121 total)
- $497 per credit hour
- Research-based psychology degree focused on psychological concepts ranging from brain-behavior relationships to abnormal psychology and cognition and human development
- Built on a liberal arts foundation that builds marketable and versatile skills
- Program taught by research-active faculty within the Department of Psychology
- Financial aid is available for online students who qualify
- Credit may be transferred from other regionally-accredited institutions
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, hiring managers look for leadership, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving abilities above all others. Psychology graduates are well-prepared with these abilities.
By combining robust critical thinking and research skills with an understanding of foundational psychological concepts, a Psychology degree can prepare you for a wide variety of career paths in fields such as:
- Human resources
- Mental Health
- Market research
- Public relations
- Family advocacy and support
- Case management
- Non-profit organizations
Whether you are just starting your college career as a first-time college student or you’re an adult student looking for the best degree for your interests and passions, the online bachelor’s in Psychology can be a great fit.