How-to: Adding a ULP link to a Medschool department site
This quick how-to page and screencast shows how to add a link and image to your site in the right column
- Select the HTML below by highlighting everything in the blue box and hitting Control+C on your keyboard
- Go to your website in a new window or new tab. In this example we'll use the Anatomy department at http://louisville.edu/medschool/anatomy
- Log in to your site (upper right hand corner)
- Click "Manage Portlets" link in the right column
- From the "Add portlet" drop-down menu, select "Static text portlet" (last option)
- Give your portlet a title. E.g. "University of Louisville Physicians"
- In the body portion, click the HTML icon to be able to paste in the HTML code that you copied to your clipboard in step #1
- Paste in the HTML code
- Check the box that says "omit portlet border"
- Click the save button
- Lastly, go to any page in your site to see if the changes were successful
<a href="http://uoflphysicians.com/" title="Visit site"> <img src="http://louisville.edu/medschool/images/ulp-link.gif" alt="Visit UofL Physicians" width="158" height="63" border="0" /> </a>
Watch a screen cast video showing the steps above.
Right click the image and save link to download the .MOV file to your desktop