Graduate Student Assistantships
A Graduate Student Assistantship is a financial award to a full-time graduate student for the period of 12 months. Students must be admitted to a graduate degree program and/or be a continuing graduate student in good standing with a GPA of at least 3.0. For the full year, the award includes health insurance and a stipend of $20,000 for PhD students and $14,000 for Master's students. The application deadline is February 15th for PhD students and April 15th for Master's students. Assistantships are awarded on a competitive basis. The 12 month assistantships run for a fiscal year from August 1st to July 31st.
- Accepted as a graduate student in the Master of Science in Nursing or PhD program.
- Graduate student in good standing with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Agree to enroll in full-time study during the assistantship period: 9 credit minimum for Fall and Spring, 6 credit minimum for the Summer.
- Required to work 20 hrs/week in the School of Nursing as a Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant.
- Completion of the on-line UofL School of Nursing Graduate Assistantship Application.
- Submission of on-line application by 5pm on February 15th if a PhD student, or by 5pm April 15th if a Master's student.
- Applications will be reviewed by the appropriate program director.
- Interviews will be requested with selected candidates.
- Assistantship recipients will be notified by mail of the award.
- Priority is given to PhD students.