Questions about UofL's Cards Camp? Look here first!
About Cards Camp
What is it?
- Cards Camp is a 4-day, 3-night immersive experience designed to give students a jump start on their college journey. On- and off-campus programming will include small group activities, team building exercises, and other engaging opportunities to discuss meaningful topics surrounding transitions to college life.
When is it?
- Residence Hall Move-In and Cards Camp Check-In will be on Sunday, August 13th from 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET. Programming will be a mix of both on and off-campus (at Camp Piomingo) through Wednesday, August 17th. All camp programming will conclude PRIOR to the the start of LLC programming on Wednesday, August 17th.
Where is it?
- Cards Camp programming is split between the University of Louisville main campus and Camp Piomingo, a YMCA camp in Brandenburg, KY. All transportation to and from Camp Piomingo will be provided.
Who can attend?
- Cards Camp is open to any first-time freshman who does not have any other UofL commitments before Thursday, August 18th. If you have a question about this please contact us at email@example.com or 502.852.7276. *Students who are participating in campus programs with an early move-in requirement are not eligible for Cards Camp due to scheduling conflicts, with the exception of the University Honors Program.
Registration and Payment
How much is Cards Camp?
- The registration fee for Cards Camp is $200 and includes all meals, lodging, transportation, two camp t-shirts, water bottle and all programming materials. Need based scholarships are available with application. The priority deadline for scholarships is May 20,
How do I register?
- Students must already be registered for and/or attend New Cards Orientation before registering for Cards Camp. You will register here for Cards Camp with your New Cards Gateway login credentials. After submitting registration, your camp fee will be due in your New Cards Gateway. You will be notified via email to your UofL email address when the fee has been applied to your account (please allow up to 72 hours from submission for processing).
Can I get a refund?
- No. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a refund to any student after they have registered for Cards Camp.
How do I cancel my registration?
- If you know you will no longer be able to attend Cards Camp, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not attend Cards Camp, your early residence hall move-in appointment will also be cancelled.
How does move-in work?
- In July you will receive detailed instructions from Campus Housing to your UofL email address. You should plan to arrive to campus starting at 10 a.m. ET on Sunday, August 14th. You will have about 3.5 hours to move-in to your residence hall room before the Cards Camp welcome and Family Farewell reception.
What should I bring?
- You can find detailed information about what to bring for living in your residence hall here.
- You can find your Cards Camp packing list here.
Can I use my cell phone at Camp Piomingo?
- You will be allowed to bring your cell phone with you; however, usage during camp activities will not be allowed. In case of emergency, Cards Camp administrative staff can be reached by calling any of the following numbers:
- Melissa Eversole - 502.428.9055
What if I need arrangements for a special accommodation?
- Please contact our office if you have any special needs that you did not include on your Cards Camp registration form at email@example.com or 502.852.7276.