The vision of the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education is to facilitate continuous improvement in medical curriculum design and implementation.
The mission of the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education is to serve as the central coordinating unit for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the undergraduate medical education program. The Office of Medical Education also serves as a resource to educational programs in Graduate Medical Education and Continuing Medical Education and to other Health Sciences Center Schools.
To achieve this mission, the Office of Medical Education:
- Provides training and educational resources through the Standardized Patient Program and Patient Simulation Program
- Provides consultation and support to faculty conducting medical education research through the Medical Education Research
- Supports the Educational Policy Committee, which has responsibility for and oversight of the curriculum and curriculum-related policies.
- Provides guidance and support to departments, course and clerkship directors, and individual faculty to assure that the curriculum reflects the Educational Objectives for the Undergraduate Medical Education Program document.
- Oversees the Certificate in Health Professions Education program.
- Coordinates the online course evaluation system.
- Presents faculty development programs focused on teaching and learning.
Click here for Summer 2015 Newsletter
Click here for Winter 2015 Newsletter