Moot court teams finish among top 28 in region
McConnell Scholar Alli Wade ('22) finished the Great Lakes Regional moot court competition as the second overall best individual orator. Her partner, Will Randolph ('22), finished 12th overall.
Eight McConnell Scholars finished the virtual competition—a first in the program's history—among the top 28 teams in the region.
Despite the logistical challenges presented by COVID-19, the virtual format allowed four McConnell Scholar teams to compete, more pairings than in any other competition year.
Final results from the Great Lakes Regional hosted by Saginaw Valley State University (Dec. 4-5, 2020) are as follows:
- Caleb Aridano ('24) - top 28 teams
- Emily Bevins ('24) - top 16 teams
- Sawyer Depp ('24) - top 16 teams
- Austin Dillon ('22) - top 16 teams
- Thomas Hulse ('23) - top 16 teams
- Will Randolph ('22) - top 16 teams, overall 12th place individual orator
- Bryson Sebastian ('24) - top 28 teams
- Alli Wade ('22) - top 16 teams, overall 2nd place individual orator
The moot court team is coached by McConnell Scholar alumnus Sean Williamson ('11), a senior associate at Wyatt Tarrant & Combs LLP.