Monthly Lecture Series
During the academic school year (typically September through April), the McConnell Center hosts a monthly public lecture series.
These events are free and open to the public. Seating is on a first-come basis. No tickets required unless otherwise indicated.
- Apr. 14, 2021 (virtual): Dr. Josh Chafetz on "Congress's Constitution: Legislative Authority and the Separation of Powers"
- Mar. 16, 2021 (virtual): Dr. Jasmine Farrier on "Constitutional Dysfunction on Trial: Congressional Lawsuits and the Separation of Powers"
- Mar. 15, 2021 (virtual): Distinguished Military Leader Series: CMSAF JoAnne S. Bass
- Mar. 1, 2021 (virtual): Distinguished Military Leader Series: Lt. Gen. Bryan Fenton
- Feb. 15, 2021 (virtual): Dr. Nathan Coleman on "Federalism at the Founding: Reclaiming an Old-Fashioned Interpretation"
- Jan. 27, 2021 (virtual): The Federal Budget: A Conversation with Rep. John Yarmuth
- Nov. 9, 2020 (virtual): Dr. Susan Ware on "Why They Marched: Commemorating the Centennial fo the 19th Amendment"
- Oct. 27, 2020 (virtual): Lyman Stone on "America's Response to COVID" (co-sponsored with the American Enterprise Institute)
- Oct. 19, 2020 (virtual): Dr. Lucas Morel on "Frederick Douglass, the Constitution and the Making of an American"
- Sept. 17, 2020 (virtual): Constitution Day Debate: "Resolved: The Anti-Federalists Were Right: The Constitution Should Not Have Been Ratified" featuring Dr. Andrew Tate and Dr. Michael Federici
- July 28, 2020 (virtual): Dr. GlyptusAnn Grider Jones and Dr. Gary Gregg on "Wendell's Berry's 'Hannah Coulter'"
- June 30, 2020 (virtual): Dr. Amy Sturgis on "Fahrenheit 451"
- May 28, 2020 (virtual): Dr. John Kleber on "Why We Need Thoreau's Walden in 2020"
- April 16, 2020 (virtual): Patti Callahan Henry on "Becoming Mrs. Lewis: The Story of Joy Davidman"
- March 24, 2020 (virtual): Dr. Amy Sturgis on "Indigenous Futurism: Native American Women & the New Literature of Hope"
- Feb. 28, 2020 (Chao Auditorium): Thomas Miller, JD, and Ed Weisbart, MD, on "The Future of Healthcare: Single Payer & Its Alternatives" (co-sponsored with the American Enterprise Institute); McConnell Center's annual Humana Health Foundation Policy Lecture
- Jan. 28, 2020 (Chao Auditorium): Dr. Barbara Perry on "Pioneers of the Court: Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg"