Tina Hester Papers, 1994-1999
Extent: 0.5 linear foot
Copyright: Copyright has not been transferred to the University of Louisville Archives and Records Center.
Tina Hester was a feminist activist who lived in Louisville, Kentucky in the 1990s. When she moved from Louisville in the late 1990s, she donated this collection of items relating to women in politics to the University Archives and Records Center.
This small collection of mostly ephemera on women in politics contains printed material, news clippings, correspondence, and notes on feminist political organizations and events as well as on political candidates.
Series I: Organizational records include information from various feminist groups of which Hester was a member or involved.
Series II: Topical files contain materials such as printed material, news clippings, correspondence, and notes on political topics or events
Series III: Campaign materials and information files have materials from various candidates for local and state elected offices. Any candidate with more than one campaign item has his or her own file, the rest are filed together.
Series I: Organizational records
- 1. Emma's List, 1996-1998
- 2. Jefferson County National Organization for Women, n.d., 1998
- 3. Kentucky Women's Leadership Network, 1998
- 4. Kentucky Women's Political Caucus, 1996-1998
- 5. Metropolitan Louisville Women's Political Caucus, 1994-1999
- 6. Metropolitan Louisville Women's Political Caucus "Political Skills Workshop," 1997
Series II: Topical files
- 7. Gender Balance Project, 1996-1997
- 8. Kentucky women in politics, 1994-1995
- 9. League of Women Voters Guide, 1998
- 10. Meeting planning information, no date
- 11. Seneca Falls, NY, 150th Anniversary, July 1998
- 12. General information on women in politics, no date
Series III: Campaign information
- 13. Lizabeth Abramson, Kentucky Court of Appeals, 1998
- 14. Joan Byer, Jefferson Circuit Court Division 5, no date
- 15. Karen Cassidy, Louisville Board of Aldermen, Ward 5, 1999
- 16. Fred Cowan, Jefferson County Judge Executive, 
- 17. Patricia Fitzgerald, Jefferson Circuit Court Division 4, no date
- 18. Jennifer Jordan Hall, Jefferson County Fiscal Court B District, 1999
- 19. Susan Johns, Kentucky State Treasurer and State Representative (32nd District), no date, 1996
- 20. Eleanor Jordan, Kentucky State Representative (42nd District), 1996
- 21. Martha Juckett, Kentucky State Representative (47th District), 1996
- 22. Mary Lou Marzian, Kentucky State Representative (34th District), 
- 23. Joyce McClain, Kentucky State Representative (29th District), 1998
- 24. Ann O'Malley Shake, Jefferson District Court Division 9, 1998
- 25. Tina Ward-Pugh, Louisville Board of Aldermen, Ward 1, 1997-1998
- 26. Susan Westrom, Kentucky State Representative (79th District), 1998
- 27. Miscellaneous campaign materials, [1996-1998]