Search the Law Library:
Search UofL Libraries:
New Library Books:New Book Tweets by lawlibnewbooks
Using the Catalog
To find an item on the shelf, note the call number or shelf range under Holdings.
Clicking a specific title provides extra information. This includes a Description with complete information about the item such as publication, holding, or item notes.
- Select a title and choose 'Editions & Formats' to see all the editions held by the library.
- Select 'Editions & Formats' to see if a title is available in an alternate format, such as a print version of a title on microfilm..
- Use the advanced search option to build precise searches.
- To limit your search to books only, preface your search terms with mt=bks.
- To search by title (ti:), author (au:), keyword (kw:), year (yr:), series (se:), subject (su:), or call number (nu:) enter the appropriate abbreviation before your search term. (For example, to search for books with the word torts in the title enter: mt=bks ti:torts.)
- To filter the results of a general search choose the relevant filter options in the column on the left of the results page.
Find out more about searching the catalog at: library.louisville.edu/law/library/catalog