Whitaker Language Studies Scholarship
APPLICATION PERIOD: FEBRUARY 1 - MARCH 1
The Endowed Whitaker Language Studies Scholarship was established by Odile and Robert Whitaker in 2020 to support students in the Department of Classical and Modern Languages with educational expenses including but not limited to tuition, books, room and board, or study abroad expenses. The Scholarship offers a minimum award of $500 and a maximum award of $1000 and is presented annually to one or more full-time students.
- The scholarship is open to undergraduate students with a declared major or minor in the Department of Classical and Modern Languages (preference is given to students studying German and French).
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- The scholarship is open to students who demonstrate financial need as certified by the University of Louisville's Office of Financial Aid.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online application for the Endowed Whitaker Language Studies Scholarship (link below).
- Submit a 300-500 word essay explaining how the award will support your language study.
- Submit your unofficial transcript(s).
- Submit a copy of financial aid/scholarship award(s) available on Ulink.
- If applying for funds to support study abroad, complete and submit the scholarship budget form listing all other funding for your trip and and containing specific price quotes from vendors. Please download and complete the scholarship budget form provided then upload it to the application.
QUESTIONS? Contact us at email@example.com
Endowed Whitaker Language Studies Scholarship Application