The Richard B. & Constance L. Lewis Educational Award
Before applying for any scholarships, please note the following:
The sum of all institutional aid received cannot exceed the university’s total standard direct cost of attendance plus a stipend. Items in the standard direct cost include regular on-campus tuition charges*, average room**, average board***, and average book costs***. For more information regarding the University stacking/overaward policy, please visit the Financial Aid website.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1, 2021
The Richard B. & Constance L. Lewis Educational Scholarship is presented annually to full-time students pursuing a graduate degree in Spanish or an undergraduate with a declared major or minor in Spanish on a competitive basis. This scholarship can be used to assist with educational expenses including, but not limited to tuition, and books (Pending funding availability). Preference will be given to students who have NOT previously been awarded the Lewis Award.
- The competition is open to Spanish graduate students or undergraduate students with a declared major or minor in Spanish
- Applicants must be enrolled in the current semester as a full-time student (at least 6 credits for graduate students; at least 12 credits for undergraduates)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Richard B. & Constance L. Lewis Educational Scholarship
- Submit a 300-500 word essay explaining how the award will support your study of Hispanic subjects, address your financial need, and be used (study abroad, tuition, or other expenses)
- Submit your unofficial transcript(s)
- Submit a copy of your financial aid/scholarship award(s) available on ULink
- If applying for funds to support study abroad, complete and submit a budget listing all other funding for your trip and containing specific price quotes from vendors. (Please download and complete the budget form then upload it to the application form)
- Submit a Letter of Intent and Agreement Form upon receipt of the award notice (Instructions for this will be provided via email).
- Submit a 250-500 word report within 30 days of the project's completion describing how the funds were used and how you benefited from the experience (Instructions for this will be provided via email).