Mary Jo Fink Award
Before applying for any scholarships, please note the following:
The sum of all institutional aid received cannot exceed the university’s total standard direct cost of attendance plus a stipend. Items in the standard direct cost include regular on-campus tuition charges, average room, average board, and average book costs. For more information regarding the University stacking/overaward policy, please visit the Financial Aid website.
The Mary Jo Fink Award is presented annually to French majors on a competitive basis and is a purely merit-based scholarship. This scholarship can be used toward tuition, housing or other education-related expenses. (Pending funding availability)
- The competition is open to all approved French majors who have completed more than 60 hours at the time of application.
- French majors should have completed at least 9 hours of French at the 300 level or higher at UofL by the end of the semester of application.
- Applications should have a GPA of 3.5 in French and an overall grade-point average of 3.0
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Mary Jo Fink Award application
- Submit a 300-500 word essay in French describing what impact the study of French has had on your life and explaining why you want to continue your studies in French.
- Submit your unofficial transcript(s)
Mary Jo Fink Award Application
Questions? Please contact Dr. Matthieu Dalle at firstname.lastname@example.org.