Students with Previous Study in a Second Language

Students who have had some formal study in a foreign language have several paths to meeting the language requirement. Some students who take foreign language in high school may fulfill the requirement via Advanced Placement credit, IB credit or the STAMP 4S Exam.

Students who did not take a test in high school may also be able to place into a second semester course or higher by taking the Placement Exam.  They may also fulfill the language requirement by taking the CLEP Exam. The exams available to fulfill the language requirement are listed below. 

  1. PLACEMENT EXAM (for students who want to take their language at UofL)
  2. CLEP EXAM (for students who want to test out of the language)