What we offer…
KPPC offers training, assessments and implementation assistance to help Kentucky's industries, businesses and other organizations stay environmentally sustainable and competitive through continuous improvement.
Funding for core services is provided through the Kentucky Hazardous Waste Management Fund and through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Core services are offered at no cost to the client.
- Solid and Hazardous Waste – Bring KPPC’s engineering technical assessments and training to bear on your waste issues. Whether you need a waste evaluation, or have a specific cost or disposal problem, our technical staff can address your needs.
- Water Efficiency – KPPC offers water billing verification, water conservation assessments and water efficiency training.
Funding for additional services has been provided by the U.S. EPA, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Kentucky state energy office and other sources and may require a nominal fee. Other services include:
- Customized Assistance – KPPC can work with any organization to develop and deliver customized assessment and/or training assistance in any of our areas of expertise, including energy, water, solid waste, hazardous waste, ISO-14001 and ISO-50001, or other specific environmental performance needs that may need to be addressed.
Energy Efficiency Resources
Beginning in early 2013, KPPC experienced a reduction in funding which limits the Center's ability to conduct energy efficiency (E2)-related training activities or on-site facility assessments for industrial and commercial facilities across the Commonwealth. Requests for E2 assistance will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
More information on KPPC's services and suggestions for other sources of E2 assistance.
- Steps to Energy Management – KPPC offers web-based resources designed to help guide Kentucky organizations through the 7-Step process outlined by EPA’s Energy Star program.
- Sustainability Toolbox – includes resources to help address energy, waste, water, financial and other needs around environmental-related program needs.
- Webinars – to assist with better understanding technical environmental issues, including compressed air, power factor, demand management and water efficiency.
- Consultants Directory – includes companies that specialize in consulting services in emergency response, environmental consulting or engineering, laboratory services, regulatory compliance, site remediation, UST management, waste management, pollution prevention and environmental management systems.
- Recycling Services Directory – maintained to facilitate industrial recycling and improve the environmental performance of Kentucky businesses, industries and other organizations.
For More Information
For questions or assistance, please contact KPPC toll-free at (800) 334-8635, extension 8520965, direct at (502) 852-0965 or submit questions online.