Webinar on Improving Solar PV Results Through Collaborative Procurement
This webinar is geared for local and state governments.
Aug 04, 2010
from 02:00 pm to 03:30 pm
|Add event to calendar||
August 4, 2010
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET
Faced with increasing pressure to cut costs and reduce their carbon footprints, local governments and state agencies are investigating renewable energy opportunities. Successfully executing a renewable energy strategy, however, requires significant legal, procurement, property management and engineering expertise that may not be readily available to local governments.
To support the public sector adoption of renewable energy generation and reduce transaction costs in Silicon Valley, the members of the Joint Venture Public Sector Climate Task Force have launched the Renewable Energy Procurement (REP) Project in collaboration with the County of Santa Clara, California, lead agency for the procurement. During this webinar, participants will learn:
- What role each project participant played and how that contributed to the overall project performance
- What pitfalls were avoided, challenges were addressed and successes achieved
- How to approach a similar project in their own areas and leverage this effort
- How nine independent municipal agencies were able to combine efforts in a joint procurement for 14 MW of new solar photovoltaic installations
- Blaine Collison, Program Director, U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership
- Rachel Massaro, Associate Director of Climate Initiatives, Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network
- Ben Foster, Vice President, Operations, Optony
- Siva Darbhamulla, Chief of Design Services, County of Santa Clara, California
Register for this free webinar.
Hosted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP).