Solar Site Assessments and PV System Design
This workshop will provide an in-depth discussion of solar site assessments and PV system sizing and design.
May 10, 2012
from 08:30 am to 05:00 pm
|Add event to calendar||
May 10, 2012
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
Franklin County Cooperative Extension Office
101 Lakeview Court
Frankfort, KY 40601
Topics to be addressed include:
- Load Analysis, Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Solar Energy Fundamentals
- Understanding the Solar Window & Shading
- Solar Site Assessment Tools (e.g., Sun Path Charts, SolarPathfinder)
- Evaluating Site Conditions (landscape, building)
- Selecting Array Mounting Locations
- Effects of Orientation and Collector Tilt
- Financial Analysis and Incentives
- System Sizing and Design for Off-grid PV Systems
- System Sizing and Design for Grid-intertied PV Systems
Instructor: Chris LaForge, ISPQ Certified PV Instructor, NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Registration forms are available online.
Registration fee for this workshop is $140, and includes lunch and refreshments.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Photovoltaics
This workshop is presented by Appalachia – Science in the Public Interest and the Kentucky Solar Partnership as part of their Sustainable Energy Training Series. The series is oriented towards professionals seeking to expand their knowledge and the scope of services they offer, as well as others interested in learning more about these important fields.
Thanks to the support of the Mountain Association for Community Economic Development (MACED), scholarships are available to those who live and work in eastern Kentucky, based on need. To apply for a scholarship, please contact the Kentucky Solar Partnership.
- MACED – Mountain Association for Community Economic Development
- Johnson Controls