Kentucky Recycling Interest Group Meeting - May 2011
Join the Kentucky Recycling Interest Group (KRIG) for their next meeting, followed by a tour of the EKU Recycling Center.
May 04, 2011
from 10:00 am to 02:00 pm
|Add event to calendar||
May 4, 2011
10 a.m. - 2 p.m. ET
Eastern Kentucky University
Perkins Building, Conference Room B
Richmond, KY 40475
- Review KRIG’s Goals: Government, recyclers, industry and consumers working together
- Round Robin: Who is here?
- Show & Tell: Industries & EKU discuss their process and waste reduction effort
- A review of recycling in Kentucky and the grants made available to promote waste reduction
- EPA Region 4 presentation to FetterGroup for 2010 WasteWise Small Business Partner of the Year
- Review EPA Region 4: Kentucky state and business waste reduction and recycling efforts
- Where do we go from here?
Identify and recommend practices to develop sustainable and economically viable recycling and waste reduction policy.
Promote economically viable, safe, energy-conserving, sustainable recycling and waste management practices through public/private partnerships.
Registration is free. Pre-registration is required; lunch will be provided.
To register, send attendee name(s), title(s), company, city, phone number and number of employees at your location to Melissa Wiegand at MelissaWiegand@templeinland.com by April 29.
At 2:00, join KRIG for a tour of the EKU Recycling Center.
Event Location Map
Eastern Kentucky University campus map with the Perkins Building highlighted. (PDF format, 94 KB)
Facilitated by the Kentucky Division of Waste Management, KRIG is a public-private partnership organization that promotes economically-viable, safe, energy-conserving and sustainable recycling and waste management practices. For additional information, contact Shannon Powers at ShannonL.Powers@ky.gov or 502-564-6716.