KEEPS Energy Management Workshop for Schools, Morehead
This workshop will provide tools to help meet specific and overall district energy goals.
Sep 15, 2009
from 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
|Where||Morehead State University|
|Contact Name||Beth Bell|
Energy Team Leader
|Add event to calendar||
September 15, 2009
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. EDT
Morehead State University
Adron Doran University Center
Morehead, KY 40351
Ease Energy's Grip on School Budgets with an Energy Management Program (EMP)
This one-day workshop will help districts to:
- Develop a multi-disciplinary EMP that will provide real solutions and savings
- Learn a step-by-step systems approach for creating both district and school-level energy management programs
- Understand Kentucky House Bill 2 Section 16, which requires all boards of education to enroll in the Kentucky Energy Efficiency Program for Schools (KEEPS) on or before January 1, 2010
- Use technical and curricular resources to help districts set and meet their energy performance goals
Who Should Attend?
A core team—including one person from each department:
• Energy Manager
In order to develop a core energy team, the workshop is most effective when districts send a representative from each of the following departments: administration/finance, curriculum, facilities/operations and one or more teachers. The workshop will provide tools to all departments to help them meet their specific energy goals as well as the overall goals of the district. Separate training tracks – one for administration, operations and facilities staff, the other for curriculum specialists and teachers – will target the technical, educational and managerial aspects of developing a successful energy management program.
Energy Education Track
- Using energy education to address National Standards
- Developing a comprehensive energy education program
- Incorporating multi-disciplinary learning opportunities
- Using energy education to enhance the home-school connection
- Utilizing the school as a real-world learning laboratory
- Partnering with facilities staff for real-life applications
Energy Management Track
- Understanding Your Utility Bill
- Energy Tracking Systems
- Baselining and Benchmarking
- Energy Assessments
- Identifying Energy Opportunities
- Financing Energy Opportunities
|8:30 a.m.||Welcome and Introductions|
|8:45 a.m.||Energy Requirements and Opportunities for Kentucky Schools|
|10:00 a.m.||Energy Education and Energy Management Tracks|
|12:30 p.m.||Energy Management Programs Development|
Sessions will be conducted by professionals in the energy field, including technical and educational specialists. Guest speakers will include officials from Kentucky school districts that have successfully implemented the best practices presented in this workshop.
$25.00 per attendee
Fee includes lunch and workshop materials. (Payable by Visa, MasterCard, check or purchase order. All payments, including purchase orders, must be paid by the workshop date. Please remit check to KPPC, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, Attn: KEEPS.)
Register Today for this valuable workshop!
ONLINE: Register Now
BY PHONE: 502-852-0965 or 800-334-8635 ext. 8520965
BY E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Energy Management Workshop
Registration is required by September 8, 2009.
Cancellations must be made one week in advance of workshop date to receive a refund, less a $5 processing fee.
Questions? Contact Beth Bell at (502) 852-0843 or e-mail at email@example.com .
- Kentucky National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project
- Kentucky School Plant Management Association
- KPPC-Kentucky's Resource Center for Environmental Sustainability
- Kentucky Department for Energy Development and Independence
- Kentucky Green and Healthy Schools
- Kentucky Department of Education
Event Location Maps
- Morehead State University interactive campus map
Powered by Windows Virtual Earth which has been tested to be compatible with the following Web Browsers: Internet Explorer (5, 6 and 7); Mozilla Firefox (1.5x, 2.x and 3.x)
- Morehead State University campus map PDF download [450 KB].
- Morehead State University Campus Parking Map PDF download [1.35 MB].
A workshop brochure is available as a PDF download [ 1.2 MB].
Information available in PDF format can be viewed using the free Adobe® Reader® software.