KAM 2013 Energy Conference
Kentucky's only energy conference designed by manufacturers for manufacturers.
May 14, 2013 08:00 AM
May 15, 2013 05:00 PM
|Where||Lexington Convention Center|
|Add event to calendar||
On May 14 and 15, join the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers (KAM) in Lexington for its third annual Energy Conference -- the only manufacturer’s conference built for robust dialogue, learning and interaction focused on energy issues, environmental requirements and the economic impacts of each.
This conference provides each participant an opportunity to:
- Learn about changes in manufacturing and energy legislation
- Network with other manufacturers
- Stay competitive in the ever-changing energy and environment landscapes
- Learn from manufacturing colleagues their “best practices” and the
economic effect of specific energy and environmental initiatives
This year, the KAM 2013 Energy Conference has expanded to two full days:
- Tuesday, May 14 has been designed as a series of workshop sessions, with three concurrent breakout tracks. The workshops have been designed to be more technical in nature and to take a deeper dive into specific subject matter. Tuesday evening, there will be a VIP Reception for all sponsors, speakers and invited guests.
- Wednesday, May 15 is a combination of general sessions, with featured, subject-matter experts from across the United States, along with several breakout sessions.
- A trade show of industry partners and suppliers will run concurrently with the conference.
Make plans to join KPPC for breakout workshop sessions on Tuesday, May 14.
- Solutions for Eliminating, Reducing and Reusing through Pollution Prevention Programs: 10:00 – 11:45 a.m.
This workshop will help environmental, energy and EHS managers, engineers and plant managers at industrial and commercial facilities advance their understanding of the technical aspects of pollution prevention (P2). The session will help attendees identify waste at its source and opportunities to reduce material usage and waste to process and treat. It will address how P2 impacts the bottom line and helps companies remain competitive.
- Take Your Facility’s Energy Plan to the Next Level with Certification and Recognition: 12:45 – 2:30 p.m.
CEOs, Presidents, and Plant Managers: Learn how certification and recognition programs can help you achieve cost savings and reduce greenhouse gas emission by moving your facility to higher levels of energy management. The session will address the new ISO 50001 Energy Management System, the U.S. Department of Energy’s Superior Energy Performance program, and the Kentucky Save Energy Now program managed by KPPC.
- Economic Development Resources for Manufacturers – E3 Opportunities: 2:45 – 4:30 p.m.
This workshop offers attendees an introduction to the Kentucky E3 (Economy • Energy • Environment) partnership, lessons learned from the pilot initiative, and successes and accomplishments of participating manufacturers. Speakers include representatives from KPPC, industry, utility providers and state workforce programs.
Registration and more information
Full conference information and registration is available online.