Introduction to Solar Photovoltaics
Participants in this two-day workshop will gain a basic understanding of solar electric (photovoltaic) design and installation principles.
Aug 16, 2011 08:30 AM
Aug 17, 2011 05:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
August 16 & 17, 2011
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
Franklin County Cooperative Extension Office
101 Lakeview Court
Frankfort, KY 40601
Topics to be addressed include:
- Overview of Photovoltaics and PV Electric Principles
- The four PV system types
- Best applications & limitations for each system type
- System components
- Solar Site Assessments
- System Sizing and Design for the four PV System Types
- Installation Techniques, Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Financial Incentives, Financing, and Net Metering Rules
- Basic Line Drawings
Instructor: Chris LaForge, ISPQ Certified PV Instructor, NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Registration forms are available online.
Registration fee for the two-day workshop is $275. Registration includes lunch and refreshments each day.
The Sustainable Energy Training Series is oriented towards professionals seeking to expand their knowledge and the scope of services they offer, as well as others interested in learning more about these important fields. These workshops are presented by Appalachia – Science in the Public Interest and the Kentucky Solar Partnership as part of their Sustainable Energy Training Series.
Thanks to the support of the Mountain Association for Community Economic Development (MACED), scholarships are available to those who live and work in eastern Kentucky, based on need. To apply for a scholarship, please contact the Kentucky Solar Partnership.
- MACED – Mountain Association for Community Economic Development
- Franklin County Cooperative Extension Service
- Kentucky State University