Cave City Energy Management Workshop for Schools
This workshop will provide tools to help meet specific and overall district energy goals.
Feb 26, 2009
from 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
|Contact Name||Beth Bell|
Energy Team Leader
|Add event to calendar||
February 26, 2009
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CST
Cave City Convention Center
502 Mammoth Cave St
Cave City, KY 42127
This workshop is currently full. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list for this event, please register online.
Event Location Map
Ease Energy's Grip on School Budgets with an Energy Management Program (EMP)
This one-day workshop will assist districts to:
- Develop a multi-disciplinary EMP that will provide real solutions and savings.
- Learn a step-by-step systems approach for creating both district and school-level energy management programs.
- Understand Kentucky House Bill 2 Section 16, which requires all boards of education to enroll in the Kentucky Energy Efficiency Program for Schools (KEEPS) on or before January 1, 2010.
- Use technical and curricular resources to help districts set and meet their energy performance goals.
Who Should Attend?
A core team—including one person from each department:
• Energy Manager
In order to develop a core energy team, the workshop is most effective when districts send a representative from each of the following departments: administration/finance, curriculum, facilities/operations and one or more teachers. The workshop will provide tools to all departments to help them meet their specific energy goals as well as the overall goals of the district. Separate training tracks – one for administration, operations and facilities staff, the other for curriculum specialists and teachers – will target the technical, educational and managerial aspects of developing a successful energy management program.
Energy Education Track
- Using energy education to address Kentucky core content standards
- Developing a comprehensive energy education program
- Incorporating multi-disciplinary learning opportunities
- Using energy education to enhance the home-school connection
- Utilizing the school as a real-world learning laboratory
- Partnering with facilities staff for real-life applications
Energy Management Track
- Understanding Your Utility Bill
- Energy Tracking Systems
- Baselining and Benchmarking
- Energy Assessments
- Identifying Energy Opportunities
- Financing Energy Opportunities
|8:45 a.m.||Welcome and Introductions|
|9:00 a.m.||Energy Requirements and Opportunities for Kentucky Schools|
|10:00 a.m.||Energy Education and Energy Management Tracks|
|1:00 p.m.||Energy Management Programs--Strategic Planning for School Districts|
Sessions will be conducted by professionals in the energy field, including technical and educational specialists. Guest speakers will include officials from Kentucky school districts that have successfully implemented the best practices presented in this workshop.
- Kentucky National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project
- Kentucky School Plant Management Association
- KPPC-Kentucky's Resource Center for Environmental Sustainability
- Kentucky Department for Energy Development and Independence
- Kentucky Green and Healthy Schools
- Kentucky Department of Education
2-4 Core Team Attendees $100.00
5 Attendees $150.00
6 Attendees $200.00
1 Attendee $50.00
Fee includes lunch and workshop materials. (Payable by Visa, MasterCard, check or purchase order. All payments must be paid by the workshop date. Please remit check to KPPC, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, Attn: KEEPS.)
Register Today for this valuable workshop!
ONLINE: Register Now
BY PHONE: 502-852-0965 or 800-334-8635 ext. 8520965
BY E-MAIL: email@example.com with subject: Energy Management Workshop
Registration is required one week in advance of workshop date.
Cancellations must be made one week in advance of workshop date to receive a refund, less a $5 processing fee.
Questions? Contact Pam Proctor at (859) 547-8009 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information available in PDF format can be viewed using the free Adobe® Reader® software.