2009 Governor's Conference on the Environment
This year's conference focuses on Kentucky's energy challenges and opportunities, and how future energy needs can be met in an environmentally sound manner.
Sep 30, 2009 09:00 AM
Oct 01, 2009 04:15 PM
|Where||Lexington Convention Center|
|Contact Name||Natalie Jensen|
|Add event to calendar||
33rd Annual Governor's Conference on the Environment
"Energy and Environment - Empowering Our Future"
September 30 - October 1, 2009
Lexington Convention Center
410 West Vine Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Make plans to attend the 33rd Annual Governor's Conference on the Environment at the Lexington Convention Center. Preconference workshops focusing on a variety of topics will be held in the afternoon of Sept. 30. The conference will kick off with a reception that evening hosted by Secretary Leonard Peters of the Energy and Environment Cabinet, followed by an awards dinner with Keynote Speaker Governor Steve Beshear.
Conference topics include:
- How do we achieve energy security in a carbon-constrained world?
- How do we develop our biomass resources?
- What opportunities do we have to increase our renewable energy portfolio?
- How can smart grid technologies help us achieve our energy efficiency objectives?
- How are actions at the federal level going to affect Kentucky's energy landscape?
As an attendee, you will have the opportunity to engage in lively and thought-provoking discussion regarding these and other topics.
Visit the Department for Environmental Protection’s Web site for more details.
Early registration for the conference will end Sept. 22.