Wind Energy in Kentucky Webinar
Kentucky Renewable Energy Consortium
On July 23, 2010 KREC and the Kentucky Department for Energy Development and Independence hosted a special Wind Energy in Kentucky Webinar. The webinar provided an overview of wind energy potential in the Commonwealth, an industry perspective on wind power in Kentucky and a look at collecting wind speed data for small scale wind projects. Video of the webinar is presented here in seven parts.
Flash content on this page can be viewed using the free Adobe® Flash® Player plug-in.
KPPC makes every effort to provide web-based information in a fully accessible format. If you have any special needs for accessing the information in these videos, please contact us at KREC@kppc.org with your request.
Part 1 - Introduction
- Introduction and overview of the webinar's goal.
- Moderated by Cam Metcalf, Executive Director of KPPC and Kate Shanks, Assistant Director for the Division of Renewable Energy in the Kentucky Department for Energy Development and Independence.
Part 2 - 25X"25: America's Energy Future
- Presentation by Peggy Beltrone, County Commissioner, Cascade County, Montana.
Part 3 - Wind Industry Perspective on Kentucky Wind
- Presentation by Jeff Reinkemeyer, Iberdrola Renewables
Part 4 - Small Wind Resource Assessment
- Presentation conclusion by Jeff Reinkemeyer.
- Presentation by Katie Stokes, Coordinator for the Tennessee Valley and Eastern Kentucky Wind Working Group.
Part 5 - Small Wind Resource Assessment
- Presentation conclusion by Katie Stokes
Part 6 - The Kentucky Mesonet: Monitoring Weather and Climate Across Kentucky
- Presentation by Dr. Stuart Foster, Director of the Kentucky Climate Center and Kentucky Mesonet.
Part 7 - Final Questions and Answers
- Thanks to speakers and attendees.