Student Engagement in Sustainability Initiatives
Broadcast Date: January 11, 2012
This webinar features representatives from the Campbellsville Independent School District and the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative who share best practices for how to engage K-12 students in energy and sustainability initiatives. The webinar also provides information about resources that are available to assist in this process and strategies for involving elementary through high school students.
This webinar is part of a series that facilitates school districts’ success through the Energy Star seven-step energy management process.
Flash content on this page can be viewed using the free Adobe® Flash® Player plug-in.
KPPC makes every effort to provide web-based information in a fully accessible format. If you have any special needs for accessing the information in these videos, please contact KPPC toll-free at (800) 334-8635, extension 8520965, direct at (502) 852-0965 or submit your request online.
Student Engagement in Sustainability Initiatives - Part One
- Presented by Angie Russell, Gifted & Talented Coordinator, Campbellsville Independent Schools
- Duration Time: 31 minutes, 36 seconds
Student Engagement in Sustainability Initiatives - Part Two
- Presented by Andrea Curtis, Energy Management Curriculum Coordinator, Green River Regional Educational Cooperative
- Duration Time: 20 minutes, 14 seconds
Questions and Answers
- Duration Time: 13 minutes, 40 seconds
- You mentioned commitment as a key ingredient of a successful program. How do you get that commitment from teachers and students?
- Is it a formalized process?
- What steps did you take?
- Who organizes the student teams in Warren County?
- Are there leaders at each school?
- Who typically do you find to lead the student initiatives that were discussed?
- With regards to goals for the student teams - how did you develop the goals, and did you work with anyone outside of the teams to establish the goals?
- How much money have you saved as a result of these efforts?
- How do you manage a team of 51 middle school students?
- Have the students in these schools and school districts participated in any external recognition programs?
- If so, which ones do you find to be most beneficial to elementary students?
- Do you like to bring non-profit sustainability partner organizations in to share outside sessions?
- As a curriculum coordinator, how are you adding energy management to the curriculum?
- Would the speakers please share their contact information one more time?