Step 4 - Create an Energy Management Action Plan
Once your school district has identified and prioritized energy performance goals, the next step is to create an energy management action plan.
While an energy policy/mission/principle highlights energy efficiency as an overarching guideline, the action plan defines the specific technical steps, targets and responsibilities needed to realize this vision.
With your school district's energy performance goals in place, you can establish an energy management action plan that:
- Assures continual improvement and year-over-year results;
- Identifies specific actions to achieve for each energy performance goal; and
- Establishes a systematic process to implement energy performance measures and create accountability.
The KEEPS Energy Management Toolkits are self-guided training modules that provide information and resources about the components of the seven-step energy management process. The toolkit for Step 4 - Create an Energy Management Action Plan includes an orientation module for the facilitator who will give the main presentation. The toolkit also includes a facility baseline worksheet, a projects and actions worksheet, sample action plans from Kentucky school districts, exercises on how to develop your school district's action plan and an action plan template to use to make the process as easy as possible.
- Facility Baseline Worksheet [XL, 38 KB]
- Energy Management Projects and Actions Worksheet [XL, 41 KB]
- Brainstorming Facilitator Instruction Sheet [PDF, 51 KB]
- Brainwriting Facilitator Instruction Sheet [PDF, 51 KB]
- Brainwriting Worksheet - Projects and Actions [PDF, 69KB]
- Fayette County Public Schools Sustainability Plan [PDF, 933 KB]
- Kenton County Public Schools Sustainable Energy Plan [PDF, 97 KB]
- KEEPS Model Energy Management Action Plan [PDF, 477 KB]
- KEEPS Energy Management Action Plan Template [MS Word, 81 KB]
- Appendix A - Sample Energy Management Policy (From KEEPS Energy Management Toolkit 1A) [PDF, 64 KB]
- Appendix C - Energy Team Communications Plan Worksheet (From KEEPS Energy Management Toolkit 1C) [PDF, 107 KB]
- Appendix D - Sample Building Request Form [PDF, 55 KB]
- Appendix E - Sample Energy Auditor Checklist [PDF, 379 KB]
- Appendix F - Sample Classroom Energy Checklist No. 1 [PDF, 440 KB]
- Appendix F - Sample Classroom Energy Checklist No. 2 [PDF, 198 KB]
- Appendix F - Sample Energy Checklist for Offices [PDF, 404 KB]
- Appendix G - Sample Common Area Checklist [PDF, 52 KB]
- Appendix H - Shutdown Checklist - Extended Weekend [PDF, 48 KB]
- Appendix H - Shutdown Checklist - Fall/Winter/Spring Break [PDF, 48 KB]
- Appendix H - Shutdown Checklist - Summer [PDF, 49 KB]
- Appendix J - Sample Idling Policy No. 1 [PDF, 80 KB]
- Appendix J - Sample Idling Policy No. 2 [PDF, 78 KB]
- Appendix J - Sample Idling Policy No. 3 [PDF, 90 KB]
- Appendix K - Energy Management Projects and Actions Worksheet [XL, 41 KB]
NOTE: The downloadable materials on this page are saved with Microsoft Office version 2007 software. The Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack is a free download for those who have versions older than 2007 (XP and 2003 versions). Be sure to read the Overview and System Requirements before you download the Compatibility Pack.